One of the most essential issues a person needs to personally determine is, why they are moved to do and succeed in their business. It is especially important for a new person entering into this industry to know what their motivation is for their success. For the networker who has been around for some time and has not tasted the success they are looking for, it is essential to go back and explore what their WHY is and do a restart to use this as their path to run on.
There are three essential reasons you MUST identify your why to succeed in your business.
1. Passionate motivation is essential to the success in your business! Making money, paying off your credit cards, being your own boss and so many other things that people say are the reasons for being in their business. These are all nice, but will they sustain the motivation to keep going?
Unless you know the deep down “why”, as my great friend Dale Calvert says, the “how doesn’t matter!” The passionate motivation that is your deep down WHY, is the same thing that would drive you to run into a burning home to save your children or your spouse or your mom.
It’s far more motivating than to pay off your credit card.
It takes time to dig down and discover your “why”. You know that you have discovered it when it literally brings you to tears, if you don’t attain whatever your why is. It is easy to skip this essential exercise, however, if you skip it, it will be like swimming to the other side of a five mile lake with a 50 pound bag of cement on your back. Don’t skip it!
2. Discouragement and adversity is a guarantee. You will experience both, as you build your business. It will almost always start with your friends and family letting you know that you will never make it, and whatever you do don’t quit your job! The most effective way to combat discouragement and adversity is to know your compelling WHY.
The number of “no’s” you will experience in itself can drive you to tears! This is why if you don’t discover your compelling “WHY,” that drives you to tears if you don’t attain it, those no’s will stop you dead in your tracks. When you realize the no’s that you hear bring you closer to the yes’s and attaining your desired goal to fulfilling your “why,” the “no’s then just become part of the process, not an end of your effort in reaching your business success.
3. Solid team building, starts with your “why” AND knowing the tear producing “why” of those team members in your group that truly want to make their business a success. You will only have so much time that you can work with team members. If they are not willing to do this very important exercise, let them know how important it is and that you will be willing to go on to the next step when they complete this (offer to help them through this process.)
There has never been a successful networker that has not identified their compassionate, motivating why.
It is important to know what this why is for your entire business building team. They will all experience a bump in their road and it is then when you must help them refocus on WHY they are doing their business.
THE most important part of a successful business starts with you WHY. Why would you skip this essential first step? DON”T skip it!
George loves the thrill of teaming up with great people and seeing projects come to life and that passion is responsible for this magazine getting off the ground 5 years ago.
George lives in a small town named Boca Raton, Florida. He says "If this isn't Heaven, I know that God at least vacations here." Without question, the joy of his life is his family. He and Debbie are celebrating their 32nd anniversary this year. They have two great young adult children, Sara and David.
Latest posts by George Madiou (see all)
- Publisher’s Final Word: 3 Reasons That are Essential to Know Your Why by George Madiou - October 1, 2016
- 4 Steps in Creating a Powerful Presentation by George Madiou - September 1, 2016
- August 2016 - August 1, 2016