You’ve heard about the ‘personalities’ of colors… here’s how to sum up the best approach for each personality type. Today I’m going to focus on using the power of color personalities for building your Network Marketing business. However you can use this powerful skill to explode ANY business you’re with. Sales, consulting, food and beverage industry, law, finance… ANY business!! It will also enhance your personal life well beyond measure. NULL So what do I mean “I know what color you are?”
In a nutshell knowing what color personality a person has means you’ll probably understand that person better then they understand themselves.
I learned this skill from my mentor Michael Dlouhy. But I sure wish I knew about this year’s ago; it would have saved me a ton of frustration. Everybody has a color type. And with that color type we act in a certain way. Certain things are important to us. We like to be talked to in a certain way and we like and dislike certain things. There are 4 personality color types— Red, Blue, Green and Yellow. Let’s use me as an example. Say you were calling me for the first time as a potential prospect. After ONLY talking to me for a few minutes what if you knew how I liked to be talked to?
- Knew what was important to me.
- Knew what I didn’t like.
- Knew what I liked.
- Knew if I was over sensitive.
- Knew if I needed support.
- Knew if I like to have fun.
- Knew if I would be teachable.
- Knew if I was money motivated.
- Knew if I would be a leader.
- Knew if I was creative.
- Knew if I needed all the facts and figures.
- Knew if I was a team player.
- Knew if I was good a supporting others.
- Knew if I saw the big picture.
- Knew if I was a self starter or needed monitoring.
- Knew if I a good promoter.
- Knew if I was punctual.
- Knew if I hated confrontation or loved it.
- Knew if I thought I was smarter than you are.
- Knew if I was a good negotiator or not.
- Knew if I was good or poor on follow-through of plans.
- Knew if I had high energy or not.
- Knew If I was likely to cause you lot of grief.
- Knew if I was a doer or talker.
- Knew I cared about others or “Me first”.
- Knew if I was enthusiastic or not.
- Knew if I had patience or not.
- Knew if I was a risk-taker or not.
- Knew if I was driven to succeed.
- Knew if I valued accuracy or not.
- Knew if I made gut decisions with NO information.
- Knew if I was dependable or not.
- Knew if I was factual or tends to exaggerate.
- Knew if I made decisions easily or struggles with them.
- Knew if I was easy to get along with or not.
- Knew if others take me advantage or not.
- Knew if I was goal-oriented or not.
- Knew if I see value in ideas of others, or self-righteous.
- Knew if I was persistent or not.
- Knew if I was the life of the party or wallflower.
…. I could go on and on.
What if you knew all this information and then gained more and more insight to me the longer you talked to me?
Do you think this would impact your business and your personal life in a positive way? Yep that was a retorical quesiton. Would you not agree you’d have an unfair advantage on everyone else? Absolutely you would!! So what are the different colors? Here’s a brief overview of the four different personality colors, but there is much more to learn about each color personality. I can’t put it all in this article but it will give you a good idea of the power of knowing the different color personalities people have. I have included a link at the end of this article if you would like to learn more about color personalities. (They’re in no particular order) First there is Yellow and they make up 35% of the population. They are open and indirect with their feelings. They’re the best at using both sides of their brains. They’re relationship and family orientated, logical, analytical and teamwork is very important to them. Yellows usually have any nurturing jobs like teachers or social workers. They don’t like pushy people, aggressivness or sudden change. Some of their weaknesses are being over sensitive, take things personally and will buy other peoples excuses.
When you talk to a Yellow, talk slowly, stay relaxed and let them know they are appreciated.
Next is Blue (that’s me) and they make up 15% of the population. Blues are open and direct with their feelings. Very right brained, talk fast, very creative, must have fun doing things. Strong on family and relationships, spontaneous and enthusiastic. Blues have jobs that are creative like sales (of any kind), singer songwriter, chef, artrist. Blues don’t like not having fun or being sold. And they’re not into facts and figures. Their weaknesses are being unorganized, scattered and poor savers.
When you talk to a Blue, talk about fun and excitement.
Next is Green. Greens make up 35% of the population. They are indirect and self-contained with their feelings. They’re right brained, very logical, and analytical. They’re precise and need to have all the facts and figures. They are savers, organized, task orientated and accurate. And they’re the best negotiators. Some of their jobs include, engineers, accountants, CPA, professor. Anything to do with logic and reasoning. Some of their weaknesses are, they over analyze everything (to death). Hard to please and pessimistic about everything. Greens don’t like pushy people, they don’t like not having all the facts and figures.
When you talk to a green talk about the numbers.
And finally the Reds. Reds make up 15% of the population. They are direct and self-contained with their feelins. Reds are right brained. Their slogan is “It’s my way or the highway” They are forceful, stern and to the point. No chitchat, money is power, take action. Task orientated, impatient, un-teachable, It’s “Show me the money.” Their jobs consist of being CEO’s, attorneys, military leaders, and presidents of the banks. Some of their weaknesses are having a big ego, domineering and un-teachable. Red’s don’t like losing control, they hate small talk.
When you talk to a Red, talk about the money, stroke their ego. They like being sold and closed.
Those are the general descriptions for color personality types. Now everything I just outlined about the different color personalities is not a judgment on people it’s just who people are. Just imagine if you had this information (and much more) the next time you talked to a prospect. How do you think your next propecting call would go? Yep another retorical question. Learn this one skill and the next time you’re talking to someone and they say something in a certain tone or say somehthing in a certain way or ask you a specific question, you’ll know exactly why they’re acting the way they are and why they’re asking the questions they do. Instead of taking things personally or getting frustrated, you’ll say to yourself “Hey you’re suppose to act like that or say that because you’re a green” (pick a color) Master this one skill and your business and personal life will skyrocket. Guaranteed!!! To learn more about color personalities go here: MLMSuccess.ColortoSuccess.com Until Next Time. To your MLM success, Duffy Rogan
- Why Walking Matters—Now More Than Ever By Dr. Shane O’Mara - May 31, 2020
- INDUSTRY NEWS – LifeVantage celebrates 10th anniversary by TNMM Editor - July 31, 2019
- LifeVantage European Momentum Continues With Launch in Belgium - June 30, 2019