If your coworkers hate their jobs, say this.
• “So how much do you pay out of your pocket each week to get to work?”
• “You know, I don’t find great joy and satisfaction from my job here. But I do enjoy the weekends. How about you?”
• “Every day is the same. Alarm, traffic, job, traffic. I am ready to try something different. What about you?”
• “I am curious. If we really, really hate this job, then why aren’t we trying harder to find an escape?”
Maybe this will lead to an interesting conversation.
Choices we have to make.
1. Do I talk to my prospects about their problems?
2. Do I talk to my prospects about the benefits I can offer?
1. Do I start with the facts when talking to prospects?
2. Do I start with questions when talking to prospects?
1. Do I talk to my prospects’ survival program first?
2. Do I talk to my prospects’ curiosity program first?
The choices we make on these questions will make a huge difference in our business. Choose wisely.
“Give me some starter sentences to ignite my imagination.”
Okay. Let’s consider a few first sentences from the book, How to Build Your Network Marketing Business in 15 Minutes a Day.
• “I have a plan. I will get an extra $500 from a part-time business, invest it in stocks, and then dump this job in 5 years. What do you think?”
• “Where do you think you will be at this exact same time next year?”
• “If we are still staring at each other 30 days from now, that means we haven’t done anything to get ourselves out of this rut.”
• “We are in a rut. We don’t want to do this until we die. What is your plan?”
• “What would happen if we created a plan to get rid of this job and escape from here?”
Need some more sentences?
Let’s look at some first sentences from the book, First Sentences.
• “If you have a few minutes, I would like to tell you how you can quit your job and still make more money.”
• “If you have a few minutes, I would like to tell you how you can get a full-time income by working two nights a week.”
• “If you have a few minutes, I would like to tell you how you can get a new car and never have to make car payments again.”
• “If you have a few minutes, I would like to tell you how we can become millionaires.”
• “If you have a few minutes, I would like to tell you how we can get free vacations for life.”
• “If you have a few minutes, I would like to tell you how my friend got a 50% raise, and now works from home.”
Effective things we can say to get more prospects.
• “Do you know anyone who wants to lose weight without heavy exercise?”
• “Do you know anyone who feels tired in the morning?”
• “Do you know anyone frustrated with commuting?”
• “Do you know anyone who wants to have their own business?”
• “Do you know anyone who likes taking good care of their skin?”
Everyone knows people that we don’t know. They can point us to others who need what we have right now.
Compare these phrases. (Yes, it is a test.)
1 “Could you …?”
2 “Would it be okay if …?”
Which phrase will get more “yes” responses?
We can improve our business simply by upgrading our “could you” questions to “would it be okay if” questions.
Learning magic words and phrases so that we can communicate better is something we can do immediately. Skills make a difference.
So, would it be okay if we changed a few words and phrases and earned more?