Happy New Year! New Years is a time for revelry, reflection, and redirection. The business year may not be ending December 31; it may be just half time.
New Years is an excellent opportunity for network marketers to reflect on what marketing is especially in network marketing and consider few questions about a SMART marketing approach to grow their businesses.
What is marketing?
Wikipedia defines marketing as “the business process of creating relationships with and satisfying customers with its focus on the customer,” Heidi Cohen provides 72 definitions in “ Actionable Marketing Guide 2018”.She cites that Shenandoah Diaz – President and Master of Mayhem, Brass Knuckles Media saying that “Marketing has little to do with the service provider and everything to do with the customer. Marketing educates and engages the customer, satisfying their needs while simultaneously positioning the service provider as a trusted advisor and source. Good marketing is a two-way street. Great marketing understands what the customer wants and gives it to them. “
There are many commonalities in these definitions to consider as one would reflect on how to implement a SMART marketing approach. Those common themes are, customer first, building trusting, authentic relationships with our customers and systematically and consistently interacting with customers to build what Ken Blanchard called “Raving Fans.”
What then is SMART Marketing?
S=Specific Simplified Systematic understandings of who your “Ideal Client”( Our Avatar) is and how you can address their needs over time
M=Meaningful and Measurable criteria to measure progress to meeting customers needs
A=Alligned, Accountable philosophies, and practices understood at all levels of the organization that our culture revolves around serving our customers and supporting each other in the process.
R=Reasonable and Responsible benchmarks are established to measure progress and built-in Review sessions to Refine plans as needed.
T=Time specific benchmarks to maintain our clarity and focus on customer service.Transferable skills that can be taught and monitored in the network.
How do we implement a SMART Marketing plan?
Implementing this model depends on two factors.
1. A leadership team who develop a clear, systematic plan, communicated and as Patrick Lencioni said in The Advantage” “overcommunicated and overcommunicated “to all members at all levels of the team.
2. A systematic model of support for leaders and all members of the network in implementation and follow up. The use of professionally certified coaches and a coaching organization such as the Direct Selling World Alliance can help significantly enhance this process serve customers and developing raving fans.
The New Year is just that, a new start, a chance to re-calibrate and act for Network Marketers. The future is ours as Network Marketers. Consider these three questions and the possibilities and even the support of a coach in the process.
Latest posts by John Hackett (see all)
- Your Character Creates your Reputation and The Success of Your BusinessJohn Hackett Ed.D. - January 30, 2023
- Is There Any Way We Can Control Time in Your Network Marketing Business or Life?: Well, No And Yes By John Hackett Ed.D. - December 30, 2022
- Building a TeamBy John Hackett Ed.D. - November 15, 2022
Don’t ever miss any great articles like this again
Become a 27%er Monthly Success Member and get on an incredible journey of growth!
To help make joining our program a no-brainer, this monthly membership is …..
To make this a “No Brainer” decision get the first month $27 issue for only 97 cents for you to “Try Us Out!” When you “Try Us Out” you will receive
the entire Success Library of 3,000 Articles, Videos and Audios
Plus included in your membership, you will receive The 27%er Success System. This system is the best personal and business development system in the industry. Watch this 3 minute video and then join us and watch your business grow!