In developing a Network Marketing career, you will learn more about yourself and develop skills and talents you never thought you would. How successful would you like your home-based enterprise to be? What is it that some business people do to become successful while so many others struggle and become frustrated, overwhelmed and stuck in analysis paralysis? Here are a few suggestions and recommendations of what I’ve done over the years to develop a full time career income and so have many other successful entrepreneurs in the Direct Selling – Network Marketing profession who are earning 6 and 7 figure incomes.
It starts with treating your network marketing enterprise like a REAL business and that means getting set up like a business right from the beginning.
If your plan is to attract the right kinds of people ie: entrepreneurs, business professionals and those seeking to become entrepreneurs and business owners, into your business, it best that you start presenting yourself as a professional right from the start. NULL
Every wise business owner starts with a plan for success, sets their goals and puts their goals in writing.
They usually share them with a trusted confidant, coach or family member to help them stay accountable and stay on track. Proverbs 16:9 says, “The mind of a man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” God honors a Plan. Without a clear concise plan confusion is inevitable. Every serious business person starts with writing a ‘business plan’ – goals and plans are extremely important for your success because they give you a road map to follow and keep you on a clear path. Of course when goals are met, others goals are set, some may not be met due to some unforeseen circumstance. Any course can always be re-adjusted. Once your plan is in place it’s time to start taking ACTION by following your plan to achieve your goals!
- Obtain a separate phone line – which is actually required for tax purposes – check with your accountant. If you’re going to deduct expenses you will want to be set up as a real business. There are a lot of great tax advantages available to home business owners so make sure to check this out. I’ve listed some business resources at the end of this article. This is important because you do not want your children or anyone else answering your business line. It does not present a professional image and you may not be able to deduct that expense.
- Put a professional outgoing message on your voice mail. No kids, dogs, husbands, family, or other non professional agenda on your business voice mail. For instance on my voice mail on home office line and mobile people hear – “You’ve reached the home office of Sue Seward. I’m not available to take your call at this time so please leave a message with your phone number even if you think I have it and the reason for your call and I will return your call as soon as possible. Take Care”
- Obtain a voice mail box to use for advertising, business cards and flyers. This way you do not have people calling your phone line at all hours of the day and night and they cannot trace you to your home line for safety reasons.
- Obtain a professional email address – preferably your first and last name or your business name – it’s better not to use anything hokey for a business email address. I always use my first and last name. This also helps to brand your name.
- Set up a separate office area in your home – this can actually be required for tax purposes – check with your accountant.
- Obtain business cards – all professionals use them and preferably order them from your company or a printing service and not printed on your computer – business cards are one of the most inexpensive tools available to a business entrepreneur. Check the affordable service online below. You can even order Free cards there when waiting on your company cards.
- Order appropriate sales aids from your company – ask your upline leaders what they use.
- Use an online marketing system that will duplicate more training on that at my MLM Online Marketing eCourse. See business resources below.
- Attend company events especially your company conventions – remember these expenses are most likely tax deductible – again check with your accountant.
- Plug into conference calls and training calls especially when first starting out and if you’re an experienced Network Marketer and have joined a new company attend all calls to become familiar with the new company. Your organization will also see you attending calls and will most likely follow in your foot steps if they are serious about become successful in their own enterprise. (remember you’re the advisor and the messenger!) They have to decide to believe and take those steps for themselves based on their own personal reasons (their why)!
- When first starting out spend 80% of your time prospecting. Sponsor two, three or five people depending on your companies compensation plan and plug them into a SYSTEM that they can duplicate, help them to sponsor some people and then sponsor some more and keep on doing the same thing and teaching others to do the same. This way you are plugging people in as you sponsor and people will duplicate and this is where you’ll start to see the leverage develop. (read more below)
- Get with your sponsor and/or upline to work with you in the beginning if necessary. Ask for coaching when you need it! They want to help you to succeed because when you succeed they succeed too!
Set your sites on doing all of the above, be coachable and you will succeed in your network marketing home based business enterprise. If someone is not successful it could because they are not coachable, have not set up their plan, refuse to plug in properly and/or they just give up and quit way to soon. Have you planned to improve the quality of your life? Think about WHY this is important to you?
That’s all a part of writing your Success Plan & Goals which keep your burning WHY out in front of you at all times helping you stay on target with your plan!
In developing a Network Marketing career, you will learn more about yourself and develop skills and talents you never thought you would. This can be priceless to you because you will be able to take the experience, talent and skill sets you learn anywhere you go for the rest of your life. Business Resources – Home-Business Tax Information from Diane Kennedy – CPA – http://www.taxloopholes.com Business Entities – http://www.legalzoom.com Books & Self- Development – Rod Nichols and Tim Johnson – ‘God’s Prosperity Plan’ Loral Langemeier author of ‘The Millionaire Maker’ Robert Kiyosaki – ‘The Business School For People Who Like Helping People’, ‘Rich Dad Poor Dad’, ‘Why We Want You To Be Rich’, ‘Rich Dad’s Prophecy’ Napoleon Hill – ‘Think & Grow Rich’ Charles Swindole – ‘Hand Me Another Brick’ -Timeless Lessons On Leadership – How Effective Leaders Motivate Themselves & Others The Network Marketing Magazine Online – https://thenetworkmarketingmagazine.com Vista Print – Business cards, postcards, labels – http://www.vistaprint.com A conversation with Sue on ACES Radio Live – June 5, 2009 – http://tinyurl.com/rasxk7
- Getting Your Home-Based Business Started by Sue Seward - December 31, 2020
- Success tips for working at home with the network marketing business model by Sue Seward - November 25, 2020
- Don’t Ever Give It Up! Give It Time! By Sue Seward - September 30, 2019