If you will master the powerful, proper P’s of network marketing you can create any amount of income you desire If you will master the Powerful, Proper Ps of network marketing you can create any amount of income you desire. These Proper Ps are critical and must be used synergistically because they all are an integral part of creating $ucce$$ in your MLM business. They must ALL be done simultaneously and they must be done well. If any one of the Ps is left out the results will be mediocre at best and more than likely failure will be the end result.
The first of the powerful “Ps” is Proper Paradigms.
To make money in network marketing you must have or acquire the Proper paradigms about several things. Here is a list of the more important ones:
- Network marketing is a great business that provides a way to generate more income per dollar and hour invested than any other business out there and that it is here to stay. Anyone who says otherwise to both of those is just ignorant of the facts.
- You are in this business to make money from a successful downline. That is simply a fact and perfectly acceptable. You are not to run your business as a not-for-profit charity designed to “help” everyone with whatever your products do. Helping is very important but you have a clear reason for embarking on the MLM path and that is to improve your financial situation.
- In order to create serious income your main job must be to create a distribution force to help you move and sell products that you love and believe in, to the world. But realizing that you can’t move enough volume by yourself to earn a big income you are going to enlist the help of others to help you do that. You are going to see to it that they are paid very well (by the company because they are an independent distributor qualified to receive checks from the company)
- That the secret to making money in network marketing is having the ability to build an organization of people who are doing three things; 1) Using the products 2) Retailing the products 3) building a downline organization of people doing 1 and 2.
- That loving the products and confidently sharing them and their benefits is not the way to wealth in network marketing. It is only part of it.
- You must be confident and believe that you are worth listening to about the business as well as the products the day you sign up.
- It does not take a check from the company to give you credibility about the business opportunity – even if you have been in the business for several years and don’t have a great track record – yet.
- You do not have to experience every benefit a product can provide before you can confidently talk about the business and products. (I have never had PMS or migraine headaches but I could certainly, with total confidence, present products that could help with those things. Same with the income side of your business)
- You don’t need to be a nutritionist or heath expert to make money in network marketing. Too much information can overwhelm the prospect or new distributor.
- You do not need to know how to explain the compensation plan. Just the big picture is all that is necessary. A great presentation on the comp plan can, and probably will, intimidate the prospect and make them feel that they could never do that very well causing them to balk at signing up.
- There is no easy way to do network marketing. It is hard work and takes certain skills and characteristics that you must have already or acquire. Determination and persistence are two of them. The ability to accept that people will say no, give up or quit on you is another one.
- Network marketing takes a lot of time on a steady basis and it takes some money for marketing efforts and tools and product purchases every month.
- Your upline is not the reason you will be successful. Sure they can help but their main job is to find you, sign you up and then shorten your learning curve by teaching you what they know. The rest is up to you.
- You are an Independent distributor. Too many people are dependant, non-distributors. Basically, they are happy users of products and become professional meeting attendees, neither of which generates much, if any, income let alone large checks.
Here are three more – Proper, Powerful Prospecting.
Not just yours by you but your new distributors as well. When a new distributor signs up, assuming they are interested in making money, you should be including in their purchase of products and autoship, the prospecting tools needed for them to successfully interest all their warm market and those they will yet contact. You want them prospecting immediately. Why? That’s where the money for them and you will come from. Prospecting is the life blood of this industry. If your business is anemic or needs a blood transfusion only proper, powerful prospecting will give that for you.
Then there is Proper Presentation.
You must come across confidently and excited about the future you and they can have if they participate with you. You must find out what your prospects Core Desires are and show them how your company and products can give them those things. Always dress and look sharp. You will be judged by your cover.
The last one is Persistence.
You must be willing to do whatever it takes for as long as it takes or you may give up too soon. This kind of persistence is automatic only IF what you’re persisting in is a Core Desire. This perspective about persistence needs to be taught to, and instilled in your brand new distributor from day one. So many people give up before they learn how to be successful. The failures and challenges that are inherent in network marketing cause them to get discouraged so they back off, slow down and then quit. John Taylor, a religious leader of one of the largest churches in the world, said this about persistence: “That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do. Not that the nature of the thing has changed but that our ability to do has increased.” I add to that the ability to do can increase dramatically and very fast if it is something you really want with all your heart and you find a qualified mentor to teach you. (See the chapter in my book on Mentors – how to find them and how to interact with them) Use these Powerful, Proper Ps as your guide from now on and teach them to your organization. Do this and you will experience the joy of a $ucce$$ful, cash flowing network marketing distributorship. Jack M. Zufelt – “Mentor To Millions” and MLM Expert www.jackzufelt.com www.theDNAofMLMsuccess.com [Editor’s note: this article is a reprint from the December 2006 issue of TheNetworkMarketingMagazine.com. The wise advice contained is a true today as it was five years ago. It deserves dusting off. Enjoy!]