Welcome to 2020 by Tom “Big Al” Schreiter

Welcome to 2020!

Words of wisdom for the new decade.

 

 

The bigger the problem, the quicker the decision.

Instead of showing our videos and Power Points slides, let’s take a moment to get our prospects to focus more on their problems.

How?

Just use quick questions and prompts. The more they talk about their problems, the more they will want to fix them. Some examples:

• “So how did that feel when it happened?”
• “Oh really? Tell me more.”
• “That must have been painful.”
• “What an inconvenience!”
• “Do you worry about this a lot?”
• “How long can you put up with this?”

______________________________________________________________________________________

Ruthless, selfish prospects.

Prospects don’t care about us.

Prospects care even less about our stuff.

So instead of talking about all our wonderful benefits, let’s talk about what our prospects care about. They care about themselves, and their problems.

The easiest way to attract and hold our prospects’ attention is to talk about them and their problems.

For example, let’s not talk about our patented, unique compensation plan. Instead, let’s talk about what an extra paycheck would mean for our prospects, and what problems that would solve for them.

______________________________________________________________________________________

How we notice opportunity.

Want to waste another year?

Or make it the best year of your life?

You can participate in the MasterClass from home in your pajamas.

If you’ve never had goals that really worked for you, experience the feeling now. Make every morning of 2020 exciting.

Learn more in our next MasterClass. Click here for details:

https://bigalbooks.com/masterclass/

We hope you can join us as we create goals that actually get achieved.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Another way to look at rejection.

Rejection … happens.

Yes, we reject people all the times. See if these phrases sound familiar.

• “I don’t want fries with my order.”

• “Only cream, no sugar in my coffee.”
• “I can’t help you move on Saturday. I have family obligations.”
• “I can’t help you with your homework. I am not good at that subject.”
• “No. I don’t want to go to the gym with you.”
• “I don’t want that sample.”
• “No. I don’t want to buy an extended warranty for this.”
• “I don’t want to go to that restaurant.”

Notice that we rejected what was offered, and that we didn’t reject the person.

Something for us to remember the next time we receive rejection.

Remember our childhood? We asked Mom for candy with only a 5% chance of success. She rejected us 95% of the time! We just tried again. We didn’t automatically think, “I quit!” Somehow, we didn’t take it personally.

It seems that our suffering and bad feelings from rejection are self-inflicted. It is all inside our heads. We are having a two-way conversation with ourselves. No one else participates.

Rejection happens.

We just don’t have to react badly to it. It is a choice

______________________________________________________________________________________

“Too risky.”

Risk can work for us when prospecting.

A good conversation starter?

“Starting our own business would cost a lot of money … and it’s pretty risky, isn’t it?”

Most prospects will agree with this, and say that is why they haven’t tried a business. Now they are open-minded toward a business that doesn’t require a lot of money and is not risky.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Understanding timing.

We think we have the perfect prospect and the perfect offer. And our prospect says, “No.”

Don’t despair. Sometimes the timing just isn’t right. Here are some examples of great offers and bad timing.

• Offering a relaxing seven hours of sleep is bad timing at 10am, but great timing at 10pm.
• Starting the best rock ‘n roll band of all time in 1860 is bad timing, but great timing in 1960.
• When offered a 7-course meal immediately after eating, we say, “No.” But the 7-course meal is an awesome offer after skipping lunch and working all afternoon.

If we are patient, prospects will appreciate that we respect the timing in their lives. Not everyone has to join immediately.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Coffee machine chatter.

While enjoying a coffee break with your friends, simply insert this into the conversation:

“The company retirement plan isn’t fast enough for me. I’ve got a different plan. What about you?”

Then, wait for the conversation to begin.

Tom
No rating results yet

Please rate this Article ...

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *